The City of La Mirada contracts with Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control for services related to the care, protection, and safety of animals.
- An animal license is required at four months of age. Owner must present a current rabies vaccination certificate.
- All dogs and cats must have a license. All animal licenses expire a year after the date of purchase.
- There is a $20 penalty for licenses renewed after the license renewal date.
- Unaltered Dogs - $60
- Spayed/Neutered - $20/$7.50 for seniors, 60 years or older.
- Unaltered Cat- $10
- Altered Cat- $5
- Tag Replacement
A duplicate tag can be obtained by mailing a check for $5 to: Animal Care Center, 11258 S. Garfield Avenue, Downey, CA 90242, Attn: Duplicate License Tag
In order to qualify for the spay/neutered discount, owner must present sterilization certificate if new dog/cat or if the dog/cat was neutered since last licensing .
For your convenience, a Dog Licensing and Rabies Vaccination Clinic annually during March. Please check this site or the La Mirada Living Newsletter for date and time.
Animal Licenses can be obtained at:
- Downey Animal Shelter, 11258 S. Garfield Avenue, Downey, CA 90242
- Los Angeles County Care and Control website, www.animalcare.lacounty.gov.
Lost and Found Pets:
Please report lost and found pets from La Mirada in the Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control's database. Animals lost in La Mirada are taken to the Downey Animal Shelter.
Useful pet care sites:
The City of La Mirada offers these links as resources for individuals seeking additional information on pet care. The City does not assume any responsibility for these web sites content or management, nor does the offering of this link indicate any product endorsement.